If I accidentally unfollow anyone I apologize. The new tumblr update for android was acting a bit squirrely.
I try to not get too political in public forums. People who don’t know me shouldn’t care what I think… But dammit people!!
Dear U.S. Politicians;
- Evolution is a real.
- Climate change and climate science… also very real.
- Some people are gay. They can and do contribute as much to society as anyone else and should be treated as such. Get over it.
- ‘God’ did NOT send natural disasters to warn us of economic irresponsibility. That’s just… well that’s just stupid.
- Progress and innovation aren’t evil.
- The ‘God’ you claim to be fighting for so hard is actually the same God of those you’re so fervently fighting against (Really. It’s true. Look it up).
- People need to read history if they’re going to learn from mistakes of the past. The real history. Not your edited down, “less offensive” idea of what you want our history to be. Sometimes that history isn’t so pretty, but no less important.
- Politics is no place for religious agendas. Not everyone believes the same things as you, and our policies shouldn’t reflect as though they do.
- While we’re at it - Science, innovation, and culture should have far higher priorities in policy than religion or blind faith. Why, you ask? The former gave us the Renaissance, the Industrial Era, and the Space Age. The latter gave us the Crusades and the Dark Ages.
This is similar to what my old office looked like:
This is what my new office looks like:
Can’t help but feel I took a very wrong turn somewhere along the way.
Consisting solely of Dizzy Gillespie, Cole Porter, Miles Davis, Art Blakey, Billie Holiday with some Sinatra and Cash tossed in for good measure.